Cloud Service Provider iland is adding new features to its complementary cloud assessment tool to make it easier for customers to move from traditional data centres to the cloud.
The company, which provides secure application and data protection cloud services for VMware environments, introduced Catalyst over a year ago to help organisations model and right size cloud requirements for cloud backup, disaster recovery or migration without over-provisioning or under-provisioning.
Organisations migrating from traditional data centres to cloud-based infrastructures have to predict resources based on the size of an application and the number of times it’s used. They must also determine if workloads are compatible with their cloud services.
iland officials say Catalyst ensures a proper fit at the time of purchase and throughout the lifecycle of a customer’s use of iland cloud services based on individual workloads, application groups and entire production sites with flexible and predictable pricing.
The insights provided by iland catalyst help estimate service costs per month and ad hoc periods. And a network analysis ensures the feasibility of backup, disaster recovery and migration use cases.
“Whether it’s your first time moving to the cloud or if you’re adding more workloads and applications, the last thing you want to do is worry about guessing if your environment is capable of leveraging the cloud and the cost to get there,” said iland senior vice president Dante Orsini.
“iland Catalyst removes that stress for customers around the world and helps our partner community right-size the cloud for their customers.”
New features of the iland Catalyst cloud assessment tool include:
- The ability to calculate annual long-term retention objectives on cloud-based backup scenarios
- Mac OS support to provide Catalyst capabilities for both Windows and Mac environments
- A Veeam Cloud Connect Replication storage calculator to predict storage needs on Veeam-based disaster recovery environments
- Veeam Scale Out Backup Repository (SOBR) object storage calculator to size cloud archives
- Speed-test and bandwidth assessment capabilities for iland’s data centre in Melbourne, Australia in addition to its eight other global datacentres in Sydney, Los Angeles, Dallas, Washington DC, London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Singapore.
“When working with new customers and prospects, intelligence and insights are the top competitive differentiators,” said Chris McDuffie, vice president of cloud architecture for Structured, a solution provider of secure, cloud-connected digital infrastructure in Portland, Ore.
“iland Catalyst gives us the ability to know exactly what resources our customers need to make their move to the cloud a success. With Catalyst we have the ability to get it right the first time around without over or under provisioning."