Hewlett Packard Enterprise has made quite a few bold moves surrounding its cloud strategy in recent months, as it shifted its entire business to offering IT as-a-service. Now the company is going one step further, putting its entire edge-to-cloud portfolio as-a-service into one place, dubbed HPE Greenlake Central.
HPE Greenlake Central is an advanced software platform that provides customers with a consistent cloud experience for all their applications and data, through an operational console that runs, manages and optimises their entire hybrid IT estate. The portal gives customers a simple, unified, digital experience across public and private clouds, the data center and edge workloads.
The cloud has become notably more complicated in recent years, and HPE wants to ease that complexity by offering a single place to manage a company’s entire hybrid IT estate.
HPE Greenlake Central hasn’t just been designed for your average IT manager, HPE has described how various people in an organisation can benefit:
- CIO – regains control of their organisation’s hybrid IT estate through a unified dashboard and operational console that positions them as service brokers to the rest of the business. CIOs can monitor and take action on a range of KPIs, including security, capacity, cost, compliance, and resource utilisation. HPE GreenLake Central brings the self-service experience to the on-premises environment, and gives CIOs unmatched visibility and control, so they can focus on innovation and strategy, and transition from reacting to running hybrid IT.
- Developers – gain access to a simple “point, click, get” pay-per-use platform that allows developers to write, release, and deploy code quickly, without having to worry about underlying infrastructure. Developers can access a wide array of tools and services from HPE and partners through a marketplace, giving them one “workbench” from which to design and create applications at high speed.
- CFO – obtains a real-time view of technology spend across the hybrid IT estate, to understand spend by users, teams, and business units, and within public and private cloud, data center and edge environments. HPE GreenLake Central provides finance with unprecedented visibility to control costs and ensure projects remain on budget.
- Legal, compliance, and security – gains a single, integrated view into the governance and security status of an organisation’s hybrid IT estate. Users can identify risks through a KPI dashboard and take action by leveraging over 1,000 controls to ensure compliance with company and industry regulations. Risks and failures are easy to identify and address, and comprehensive reports offer significant reduction in the time it takes to perform audits.
- All users – benefit from the simplicity of a consistent cloud experience for all their workloads, from the edge to the cloud.
“HPE GreenLake Central is a transformative platform that changes the game in hybrid IT,” said Antonio Neri, president and CEO, HPE.
“With this offering, every user in a company gains access to a unique console from which to run their organization and achieve powerful business outcomes. Now the CIO can operate as a strategic service broker, and everyone benefits from a consistent cloud experience, resulting in lower costs and risks, and greater choice, control, simplicity, and speed.”
HPE GreenLake Central is in trial with customers now, and will be generally available to HPE GreenLake clients by the end of HPE Q1 2020.