Schneider Electric has updated its Galaxy VS 3-phase UPS with internal smart battery modules to support a wider range of installations, from 10 to 100 kW.
This release also introduces support for internal N+1 module level redundancy, which Schneider says improves system availability by up to 10 times. The company claims that Galaxy VS with internal batteries is now the highest density uninterruptible power supply in the industry, making it ideal for the unique requirements of edge computing and critical infrastructures.
Additionally, Schneider notes that the Galaxy VS modular design offers 99% efficiency in ECOnversion mode and is easy to deploy and service. The internal smart battery modules improve availability with added battery flexibility and monitoring, redundant battery strings, and self-configuration. This design, according to the company, reduces risk by ensuring critical loads are always protected with highly predictable runtimes and battery redundancy.
“With its industry leading density and N+1 availability, this Galaxy VS expansion addresses the growing need within the edge computing and data centre industries for solutions that are highly available, fully managed, and highly efficient without increasing UPS footprint,” said Bin Lu, senior vice president of Data Centre Systems, Secure Power, Schneider Electric.
Additional Galaxy VS benefits include:
- Footprint savings: Compact design and full front access for servicing makes it ideal for confined spaces.
- Maximum availability thanks to modular architecture: Critical system components built as modules for faster serviceability and fault tolerance.
- Cost savings: Provides up to 99% efficiency when operated in Schneider Electric’s patented ECOnversion mode, allowing users to recover their initial investment within two to three years through energy savings (model dependent).
- Increased uptime and simplified maintenance: Critical system components are built as modules with a fault-tolerant design. This provides internal redundancy at reduced load levels and a shorter mean time to repair.
- EcoStruxure Ready: Makes it easy to manage with global visibility of equipment performance and status supported with a 24×7 expert service bureau using the next generation management software, EcoStruxure IT Expert and EcoStruxure Asset Advisor.
- The extended power range is available worldwide except Japan.