Acronis has announced the availability of Acronis Cyber Infrastructure 3.0, a major update to its universal software-defined infrastructure solution.
The solution uses industry-standard hardware and combines compute, software-defined network, block, file, and object storage workloads.
With this release, Acronis enables partners and customers to improve the performance and stability of their infrastructure, lower their operating costs with flexible licensing, and adds support for different use cases such as virtual private cloud, hybrid cloud, managed private cloud, and hybrid storage solution.
With Acronis Cyber Infrastructure 3.0, customers can benefit of application-consistent snapshots of Linux and Windows’ virtual machine volumes and flexible virtual networking with support for virtual routers, Source Network Address Translation (SNAT), static routes, and floating IP addresses.
Service providers can now manage edge customers easily with multi-tenant support and self-service abilities that help end customers control and track their resources.
Service providers can also brand their solutions and integrate them seamlessly with their billing and CRM software – an OpenStack-compatible API makes it simple.
One of the most popular components – Acronis Backup Gateway just got many improvements, including an intuitive interface for geo-replication, plus asynchronous replication that allows customers to build optimal backup destinations for local storage, private and public storage needs.
What’s new in Acronis Cyber Infrastructure 3.0
- Self-service portal for efficient resource provisioning to end customers in multi-tenant systems with isolation between independent workloads and projects operating in a shared environment.
- Application-consistent snapshots of virtual machine volumes compatible with Linux and Microsoft Windows deployments.
- High availability for virtual machines with automatic workload restoration in case of mode failure.
- Acronis Backup Gateway geo-replication with asynchronous replication and failover between two Acronis Cyber Infrastructure 3.0 clusters.
- High availability management panel for Acronis Cyber Infrastructure Storage Appliance and improvements to appliance’s configuration wizard.
“This update is an exciting step for Acronis towards providing a complete stack of cyber protection solutions to our customers. Together with the recently announced Acronis Cyber Platform, Acronis Cyber Infrastructure is a solid foundation for Acronis’ cyber protection services,” said Serguei Beloussov, founder and CEO of Acronis.
“This update is fundamental to our vision of delivering complete end-to-end cyber protection. Acronis simplifies data protection processes for customers so they can focus on their core business.”
Acronis Cyber Infrastructure 3.0 reinforces Acronis’ ability to deliver complete cyber protection to customers and partners, addressing all five vectors of cyber protection – safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS).
This comprehensive approach helps businesses overcome the wide variety of challenges that face modern IT teams, including increasing complexity, security concerns, and costs.